ASAP! (the After School Arts Program) is seeking a full time Executive Coordinator to join its team in Washington Depot, CT. The Executive Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s day-to-day operations including, but not limited to, working closely with the Executive Director, familiarity with budgets, reviewing financial reports, drafting donor correspondence, tracking grant applications & awards, communicating with board members, general office management and HR support, maintaining ASAP!’s database, office, program, and event support, and organizing fundraising efforts. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate that has excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
Key Experience and Skills:
– Proficiency with Mac computers and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Proficiency with Google Drive apps and file organization
– Familiarity with Customer Relationship Software (ex. NEON)
– Excellent administrative, organizational, and time management skills
– Excellent problem solving & prioritizing skills
– Familiarity with budgets
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
– Must have abilities that will enable the candidate to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and stay calm under pressure
– Familiarity with Quickbooks a plus
– Knowledge about education and the arts a plus
– Encouraging to all parts of the ASAP! team
– On average, 4-5 weekends per year required for special events.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to JoAnne Torti, Executive Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
SUMMER CAMP ASSISTANTS • ASAP! SUMMER CAMP 2020
Do you have a love for the arts and working with children? Now in its 19th year, children ages 4.5-17 come to ASAP! Summer Camp to play, make friends, explore their creativity, connect with nature, become inventors and discover something new! Voted #1 Cultural Arts Organization in Northwest Connecticut, ASAP! Summer Camp is a full-day camp like no other in the area. We offer a comprehensive arts experience led by professional artists. Daily adventures include visual arts, dance, drama, music, creative writing, circus arts, yoga, pottery, outdoor activities and so much more. At ASAP! Summer Camp, kids unplug so they can connect with themselves and each other.
Summer Camp Assistants are assigned to an age group and are responsible for leading that age group through their day. Assistants attend beginning and end of the day meetings with the director of the camp and the teaching artists. If an issue arises in a group or with a particular camp participant, assistants are expected to eloquently explain the situation during these meetings so that the situation can be resolved. Assistants are also responsible for cleaning up the facilities at the end of the day. This job can be physically and emotionally demanding.
ASAP! Summer Camp is held at the Washington Montessori School in Washington, CT. This year’s dates are July 27th-August 7th, 2020. Assistants are expected to arrive at 8 am and leave at 4:30 pm, sometimes later especially on the last day of camp.
Must be 18 years or older to apply.
If you are interested in applying please send your resume and cover letter to Ali Psomas, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.