CELEBRATION OF YOUNG WRITERS
ASAP!’s 19th Annual Celebration of Young Writers empowers students to share their love of writing with the world. Public, private and homeschooled students from across Connecticut are invited to submit for a chance to be recognized for their outstanding work, and read their piece in front of a live audience. The Celebration of Young Writers stage is a place where student voices are amplified, and their passion for writing can be shared with the world. Twelve 2024 top selected works will be presented to the public in June, and shared through ASAP!’s website. Submissions to the Celebration of Young Writers are free.
Celebration of Young Writers was inspired by ASAP!’s objective to foster children’s creativity and imagination in the literary arts. It was established with the help of Ellen and Frank McCourt, Ann and Denis Leary, and Susanna Salk.
February 1 – April 1
- Writings must be 400 words or less and may include: poetry, short story, short play, or an act from a play.
- Students in grades K-12 are eligible to submit.
- Only one entry is allowed per student.
- Teachers, parents, or students themselves may submit.
- All submissions must be made electronically by following the link below.
- Students must be available to read at the event on Friday, June 21, 2024.
VIEW THE 2023 TOP SELECTED YOUNG WRITERS PIECES
Spring Hill Vineyards
292 Bee Brook Road
New Preston, CT, 06777
Friday, June 21, 2024. More details to come.
ASAP!’s 19th Annual Celebration of Young Writers is made possible in part by the Watts Fund, and:
19TH ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF YOUNG WRITERS
FEBRUARY 1 - APRIL 1
Submit a piece of writing today for free!