OF YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS
ASAP!’s annual Celebration of Young Photographers invites students in grades 6-12 to submit their photographs for a chance to participate in a juried art exhibition. A panel of professional photographers will select 60 photos for this special exhibition, recognizing the top four for their outstanding and thoughtful work. These top selected photographers will receive the Dylan’s Wings Photography Award along with a special prize.
Each year, we prompt participants to think about a specific theme, and this year our panel chose Space. The word ‘space’ has many different meanings. After a year of quarantine and all that came with it, how is space meaningful to you? How do you use, hold, treasure, loathe, or dream of space? How will you capture and express this in a single image?
This event is FREE and open to the public. All photographs will be available for purchase. Submissions are open until October 1, 2021.
ASAP! 11TH ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS
The theme for this year’s Celebration of Young Photographers is: Space.
- Any type of camera can be used including traditional film cameras, pinhole cameras, phone cameras, etc. If using an iPhone or Smartphone, take the photo in HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- Editing is allowed. Submit unedited images or use whatever tools you would like to add to the content, meaning, or impact of your image. If you do use editing tools please make note of them as you will be required to document them when you submit.
- Photos must be original high-resolution JPEG files and must be at least 3200-4000 pixels on the longest side to be considered.
- Up to two photographs per student may be submitted.
- Submit 1 or 2 sentences that depict your photograph(s).
Submissions open September 1, 2021. The deadline for submissions is October 1, 2021.
Join us for an in-person exhibit on November 14 where the top 60 selected photos will be recognized, and the Top 4 honorees will be revealed. The top 2 photographers from middle and high school will receive the 2021 Dylan’s Wings Photography Award, this award is presented by Ian Hockley, Executive Director of Dylan’s Wings of Change, to the photographer whose piece most thoroughly embodies the criteria.
Sunday, November 14, 2021, 2:00-4:00pm